GM-814 - Nice Studio Kiln
This kiln is a great size. it won't take up too much room in your studio yet holds the majority of work produced by a small studio.
Special Factory Order applies to this model. Skutt's delivery delay is due to unprecedented order volume since the start of Covid-19. Pre-payment for a special-order Skutt kiln is required to ensure delivery. Kona Stained Glass is an authorized distributor for Skutt Kilns.
- The GlassMaster Controller is the only controller on the market with GlassFire Mode. GlassFire Mode allows you to run a program simply by entering the type of effect you want: Fuse, Tack Fuse or Slump and a speed based on the size and thickness of the project. It really is that easy and it works on most projects.
- If you prefer to create your own firing programs simply use the Ramp/Hold programming mode which can store up to 8 of your custom programs with up to 8 Segments. When you are ready to use one of your stored programs just load it and press start.
- Built in Diagnostics give you or our technicians the ability to diagnose kiln problems with just a few button presses.
- Active Keys allow you to make adjustments to the program while it is running based on a visual inspection. The Anneal Now key allows you to skip to the annealing phase of the program with a single key press. Add Time allows you to add 5 minutes to the final heating segment of the program if your project needs more time and Add Temp allows you to increase the temperature in the final heating segment if you want the glass to get hotter.
Current Sensing Technology
Skutt is one of the few brands that installs a Current Sensor in every GlassMaster Kiln. This allows you to read the Amperage of each section of the kiln as well as the Voltage and Voltage Under Load.
Now with the touch of a few buttons you can give those readings over the phone to your kiln repair technician so they can troubleshoot the problem and make sure they have the correct parts when they come out for the repair. This Saves Time and Money.
Prior to the use of these current sensors someone would have to come to your house and test the amperage and voltage inside the control box with live wires exposed. This system is Much Safer.
Glass is very susceptible to uneven heating. The more uneven the heat is in the kiln chamber, the slower you need to fire the kiln.
Skutt Studio Kiln Series have lid elements and side elements. The side elements are there to replenish heat on the top and bottom of the kiln. This provides uniform heat throughout the top and bottom of the kiln for artists working with deep moulds and drop moulds. it also aids in keeping the shelf warm!
- Exposed Thermocouple equals faster reaction time and higher accuracy.
- Inexpensive, plus Skutt gives you an extra one when you buy your kiln.
- Easy and quick to replace.
- Type S (Platinum) Upgrades Available.
- Unlike most warranties, ours covers Parts and Labor.
- Never Pro-Rated.
- Serviced by the most extensive, knowledgeable and talented distributor network in the industry.
- Backed by Skutt's mission statement is “We help you make great things”.
Depth: 13.5 in.
Opening Width: 18 in.
Opening Length: 18 in.
Cu. ft.: 2
Approximately 18 in. x 18 in. opening and 13.5 in. high: 2 cubic feet.
And So Much More!
When you are buying a kiln, you are not just buying the equipment. You are also byuying the service that comes before and after the sale. From the moment Skutt cuts that first brick, to the day you open the box, to the day you retire, Skutt's reputation is on the line.
Click on the links below for:
GlassMaster Controller Operating Manual
Specifications - 240V
Specifications - 208V
Skutt Kilns should arrive fully assembled. Packed with the kiln you will find the following items:
- Kiln Stand
- Operating Manual
- Stand Feet
- Warranty Card
- Peep Plugs
Shipping Dimensions and Information
GM 814 Kiln - 1 of 2
- 32 inches length x 32 inches wide x 28 inches high
- 132 pounds
Furniture Kit for GM 814 - 2 of 2
- 18 inches length x 17 inches wide x 8 inches high
- 12 pounds
Wondering the shipping cost of the kiln to your best location? Use the information below assist and access best possible shipping rate.
- Research your local courier or freight company.
- Save money with a freight company by picking up the kiln from their deopt.
- If your location is rural, consider picking up at your nearest city center.
- Pay the freight company dirently. Generate your own shipping documents from us to you.
Extra fees to be aware of that may apply to your freight cost:
- Residential deliveries (it is less expensive to a business location)
- Power Tail gate deliveries (save if you have a loading dock or forklift)
- Appointment time (asking for a delivery on a specific date and/or time may cost extra)
For a freight cost quote these links may help.
Day & Ross- Canada wide trucking company -
DiamondDelivery - Okanagan, Vancouver Island, Northern B.C., and Whistler Corridor areas -
FedEx - Canada wide courier company, one of the least expensive big name freight forwarders.