GM-1227-3 - Multilevel Fusing Production
The GM1227-3 is a side fired kiln, which means you can fuse or slump on multiple levels. Depending on your projects, you can fire up to 4 layers of similar projects which quadruples your firing capacity. Zone Control is standard on this model so temperatures stay uniform top to bottom.
Special Factory Order applies to this model. Skutt's delivery delay is due to unprecedented order volume since the start of Covid-19. Pre-payment for a special-order Skutt kiln is required to ensure delivery. Kona Stained Glass is an authorized distributor for Skutt Kilns.
- The GlassMaster Controller is the only controller on the market with GlassFire Mode. GlassFire Mode allows you to run a program simply by entering the type of effect you want: Fuse, Tack Fuse or Slump and a speed based on the size and thickness of the project. It really is that easy and it works on most projects.
- If you prefer to create your own firing programs simply use the Ramp/Hold programming mode which can store up to 8 of your custom programs with up to 8 Segments. When you are ready to use one of your stored programs just load it and press start.
- Built in Diagnostics give you or our technicians the ability to diagnose kiln problems with just a few button presses.
- Active Keys allow you to make adjustments to the program while it is running based on a visual inspection. The Anneal Now key allows you to skip to the annealing phase of the program with a single key press. Add Time allows you to add 5 minutes to the final heating segment of the program if your project needs more time and Add Temp allow you to increase the temperature in the final heating segment if you want the glass to get hotter.
Current Sensing Technology
Skutt is one of the few brands that installs a Current Sensor in every GlassMaster Kiln. This allows you to read the Amperage of each section of the kiln as well as the Voltage and Voltage Under Load.
Now with the touch of a few buttons you can give those readings over the phone to your kiln repair technician so they can troubleshoot the problem and make sure they have the correct parts when they come out for the repair. This Saves Time and Money.
Prior to the use of these current sensors someone would have to come to your house and test the amperage and voltage inside the control box with live wires exposed. This system is Much Safer.
Sectional Design is a good idea on so many levels.
Imagine trying to move a kiln into the basement or through a narrow door without being able to break it down into sections.
No more standing on your head in the kiln to replace those bottom elements or removing every brick in the kiln to get to the one you want to replace. Just remove the control box, unhook the buckles and place the section you want to work on on a table.
We hope nothing really bad happens to your kiln … but … if it does, isn’t nice to know you can replace one bad section instead of the whole kiln?
A large amount of the heat you lose in your kiln passes to through the lid and slab of your kiln. To compensate for this, Skutt directs more heat to these areas when they design the elements. The fact that Skutt kilns have twice the element grooves, gives Skutt more design flexibility than some of their competitors.
It also gives you more loading options since it is always recommended to have at least one element radiating between each layer of shelves. Twice the amount grooves means you get twice the amount of element wire, meaning each element doesn’t have to work as hard, which means longer element life!
- Thermocouple in each section of the kiln allows controller to control each section separately to even out temperature variations top to bottom.
- Critical when fusing on multiple shelves and annealing large blown vessels.
- Works in conjunction with balanced elements to ensure firing efficiency.
- Thin-walled inconel cover equals faster reaction time and higher accuracy.
- Easy and quick to replace.
- GM818, GM1018. and GM1227 all come with Zone Control. Since these kilns are designed to fire on multiple levels we place a thermocouple in each section to keep the temperature uniform from top to bottom.
The Lid Lifter
- Your GM1227-3 comes standard with a Lid Lifter.
- Lift your lid with very little effort.
- All stainless construction.
- Easy and safe to tension.
- Unlike most warranties, Skutt's covers Parts and Labor.
- Never Pro-Rated
- Serviced by the most extensive, knowledgeable and talanted distributor network in the industry.
- Backed by Skutt's missin statement: "We help you make great things".
And So Much More!
When you are buying a kiln, you aren't buying the equipemnt. You are also buying the service that comes before and after the sale. From the moment Skutt cuts that first brick, to the day you open the box, to the day you retire, Skutt's reputation is on the line.
Click on the links below for:
Specifications - 240V
Specifications - 208V
GlassMaster Controller Operating Manual
Depth: 27 in.
Opening Width: 28 in.
Opening Length: 28 in.
Cu. ft.: 9.9
Approximately 28 in. x 28 in. opening and 27 in. high: 9.9 cubic feet.
Skutt Kilns should arrive fully assembled. Packed with the kiln you will find the following items:
- Kiln Stand
- Operating Manual
- Stand Feet
- Warranty Card
- Peep Plugs – attached to the kiln stand, enough to fill each peephole on your particular model.
Shipping Dimensions and Information
GM 1227-3 Kiln- 1 of 2
- 42 inches length x 45 inches wide x 44 inches high
- 400 pounds
Furniture Kit for GM 1227-3- 2 of 2
- 30 inches length x 16 inches wide x 15 inches high
- 165 pounds
Wondering the shipping cost of the kiln to your best location? Use the information below to assist and access best possible shipping rates.
- Research your local courier or freight company.
- Save money with a freight company by picking up the kiln from their depot.
- If your location is rural, consider picking up at the nearest city center.
- Pay the freight company directly. Generate your own shipping documents from us to you.
Extra fees to be aware of that may apply to your freight cost:
- Residential deliveries (it is less expensive to a business location)
- Power Tail gate deliveries (save if you have a loading dock or forklift)
- Appointment times (asking for delivery on a specific date and/or time may cost extra)
For a freight cost quote these links may help.
Day & Ross- Canada wide trucking company - https://dayross.com/en/create-quote
Diamond Delivery - Okanagan, Vancouver Island, Northern B.C., and Whistler Corridor areas - https://www.diamonddelivers.com/request_a_quote
FedEx - Canada wide courier company, one of the least expensive big name freight forwarders. https://www.fedex.com/en-ca/online/rating.html