GM-1414 - It's Big!
The GM1414 is likely the most widely used kiln by professional glass instructors in the country. It's big, it's reliable, and its accurate.
Sophisticated, Yet Easy to Use
- The GlassMaster Controller is the only controller on the market with GlassFire Mode. GlassFire Mode allows you to run a program simply by entering the type of effect you want: Fuse, Tack Fuseor Slump and a speed based on the size and thickness of the project. It really is that easy and it works on most projects.
- If you prefer to write your own firing programs simply use theRamp/Hold programming mode which can store up to 8 of your custom programs with up to 8 Segments. When you are ready to use one of your stored programs just load it and press start.
- Built in Diagnostics give you or our technicians the ability to diagnose kiln problems with just a few button presses.
- Active Keys allow you to make adjustments to the program while it is running based on a visual inspection. The Anneal Now key allows you to skip to the annealing phase of the program with a single key press. Add Time allows you to add 5 minutes to the final heating segment of the program if your project needs more time and Add Tempallow you to increase the temperature in the final heating segment if you want the glass to get hotter.
Current Sensing Technology
Skutt is one of the few brands that installs aCurrent Sensor in every GlassMaster Kiln. This allows you to read the Amperage of each section of the kiln as well as the Voltage andVoltage Under Load.
Now with the touch of a few buttons you can give those readings over the phone to your kiln repair technician so they can troubleshoot the problem and make sure they have the correct parts when they come out for the repair. ThisSaves Time and Money.
Prior to the use of these current sensors someone would have to come to your house and test the amperage and voltage inside the control box with live wires exposed. This system is Much Safer.
As most of you probably already know, glass is very susceptible to uneven heating. The more uneven the heat is in the kiln chamber, the slower you need to fire the kiln. Side fired kiln owners understand this, and are willing to trade the disadvantages of having to slow their programs down for advantages of being able to fire on multiple levels.
Our Studio Kiln Series have lid elements and side elements. This does not mean you can fire on multiple levels. The side elements are there to replenish heat on the bottom of the kiln. This not only keeps the shelf warm (which is important), it also provides for uniform heat top to bottom for artists working with deep molds and drop molds.
- Thin-walled inconel cover equals faster reaction time and higher accuracy.
- Easy and quick to replace.
- Unlike most warranties, ours covers Parts AND Labor.
- Never Pro-Rated.
- Serviced by the most extensive, knowledgeable and talented distributor network in the industry.
- Backed by a company whose mission statement is “We help you make great things”. When your kiln is down, you can’t make great things.
The Lid Lifter
- Optional Upgrade on GM1414
- Lift 100lbs with ease!
- All stainless construction.
- Easy and safe to tension.
Specs: See attached picture for a summary table. You may be supplied with additional Skutt pdf files upon request.
Skutt Kilns should arrive fully assembled.
Packed with the kiln you will find the following items:
- Kiln Stand
- Operating Manual
- Stand Feet
- Warranty Card
- Peep Plugs – attached to the kiln stand, enough to fill each peephole on your particular model.
Not available for shipping through Canada Post or UPS.