FireBox 8x4 LT - Affordable control.
The FireBox 8x4 LT has all the speed of the FireBox 8 but with the precision of the GlassMaster LT Controller.
Brand New Controller
The FireBox 8×4 LT now has a brand new controller that allows you to fire Glass and Ceramics. It even has built in programs for Precious Metal Clay. Here is what you get
- GlassFire Mode allows you to write a program simply by choosing your technique and the speed. It’s that easy!
- ConeFire Mode allows you to fire Ceramics simply by entering the Cone Value, Firing Speed and Hold Time.
- PMC Mode is even easier. All you enter is the type of Metal Clay you are using and press start.
- Write your own firing programs with up to 8 Segments using Ramp and Hold. Now you can store up to 5 programs.
- Adjust temperatures or hold times while the kiln is firing using Add Time or Add Temp or simply select Anneal Now to set your project and begin annealing it.
Plugs Into Household Voltage
Nothing against electricians, but who really enjoys paying to have their house rewired. With the FireBox 8×4 LT you take it out of the box, plug it into any spare 120V outlet you have in the house and you are ready to start fusing. Okay, it does need to be a grounded outlet.
Stay Cool Handle
Glass fusers are always lifting their lids when their kilns are hot to take a peek. The wood handle on the FireBox 8×6 LT stays cool even when the kiln is at peak temperature.
Lid Opens Over 90 Degrees
Why is this important you ask? We are glad you did. When the lid can open past 90 degrees it will not be in your way when you go to load your shelf. That’s it!
- Unlike most warranties, ours covers Parts AND Labor.
- Never Pro-Rated.
- Serviced by the most extensive, knowledgeable and talented distributor network in the industry.
- Backed by a company whose mission statement is “We help you make great things”. When your kiln is down, you can’t make great things.
Specs: See attached image.
Depth: 4.5 in.
Opening Width: 8 in.
Opening Length: 8 in.
Cu. ft.: 0.27
Skutt Kilns should arrive fully assembled.Packed with the kiln you will find the following items:
- Kiln Stand
- Instructional Video
- Operating Manual
- Stand Feet
- Extra Thermocouple (unless Type S)
- Warranty Card
- Peep Plugs – attached to the kiln stand, enough to fill each peephole on your particular model.